Monday, September 8, 2008

Busy, Busy

This last week I have been busy working in the basement getting it finished and ready for carpet to finally be laid tomorrow. They keep pushing our carpet delivery back but so far they are supposed to be here tomorrow and finish on Wednesday. I am still super excited to get it done. Friday I spent the whole day pulling all of the tools and building materials out of the mechanical room so we could load them up and bring them all down to the shop. But of course it has been raining since Friday and is just way too muddy to drive the truck to the back of the house. So, everything is sitting and waiting until probably the end of the week, since it rained again last night.

Friday night we pulled the pool table out and got it all setup. Saturday we spent the day going through the pile of stuff that got pushed to a corner of the basement in order to put up the walls. We pretty much managed to turn one huge pile into two smaller piles. We are just waiting to move half of the stuff again into the areas where the carpet is going to be laid. Chris got himself a work bench made in the basement and was able to get most of his hunting room organized. I was able to get my seasonal tubs put away and organized. I'm anxious to get my sewing room setup and get some quilting done soon.

Sunday we went to KC and went furniture shopping. It took us four times longer to get there and back than it did to find what we wanted. But I already had it picked out, we just had to find it in the massive Nebraska Furniture Mart store. They carry some of Ashley Furniture's pieces, and I had picked out what I wanted here in town and found the same furniture for hundreds of dollars cheaper online at Nebraska Furniture Mart. It will be delivered on the 17th!!!

Madi went with us and we had a nice day. They were having the Richard Petty Driving School at the Kansas Speedway. We got to go into the infield and see the cars and the track. I was excited and so was Madi. While we waited to get in, Madi was sitting in the back seat singing, "Going to see race cars, Going to see race cars!" It was cute. And she is such a tomboy, her highlight of the day was getting a diecast race car. I asked her if she wanted a teddy bear or a car, "Car please!" She had that car in a bear hug on the way home. We kind of stumbled onto the RPDS when we were in Charlotte two years ago and got to go see Lowe's Motor Speedway. LMS is way better than KS Speedway but it was nice to see. I keep telling Chris he isn't going to be able to get away with just taking me to the race tracks for much longer, I want to GO to a race!!

I have pictures and will post them soon on Winkflash. Need to finish up here at the shop and get Madi picked up from Grandma's house.

Love, Amy

No comments: