Saturday night we went to the MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) fights. Both of Chris' workers are involved in it and we went to support them and have an evening out. Ryan is a corner coach, he wasn't fighting but Quentin was the big fight for the night. He is the heavyweight champion, he has two belts and he won Saturday. I don't know why anyone would want to do any kind of fighting, but this MMA fighting is even more dangerous than boxing or any other kind of fighting. These guys (and one fight with girls!!!) get the snot beat out of them. Dislocated arms and shoulders, broken noses, broken teeth, cuts, bruises, and everyone is sore the next day. It was pretty fun to watch and more fun and nerve racking when it's someone you know.
The fights were outside and I haven't really been affected by allergies yet this summer, but early Sunday morning I woke up with a full on allergy attack. I hate my allergies, I get these attacks about 4 times a year and they never really go away, just eases a bit (or I get used to the runny nose all the time). And Madi has a cold or maybe allergies, I don't know. But her nose is constantly running and she woke up this morning coughing. Although, she isn't slowed by it at all, so it must not be bothering her.
All the dust in the house isn't helping either one of us. We just finished the tile Saturday and I have been trying to get the grout haze off the tiles for three days now. I have tried everything and probably mopped the floor a dozen times and it doesn't change a bit. I finally found that just a slightly damped cloth and on my hands and knees scrubbing every tile is the only way it is coming off. Just had the lights delivered for downstairs. The guys are supposed to be here the rest of the week to install the doors, baseboards and window trim. Carpet is delayed by a week so they will be here to install on the 8th.
Happy Labor Day and have a good long weekend!
Love, Amy
1 comment:
I could not watch the fight all the way through. Which one was Quentin? The guy with the shaved head looked like he was winning during the brief part I watched. Wow, I think I would have rather gone out to the races! (And I am not a racing fan either!)
Post a Comment