Friday, August 8, 2008

THE NOISE...STOP!!

My house has been a zoo for the past 2 weeks. Chris' brother and cousin have been here working on the basement. It's nice to be getting it done, but it's awful living here while they are working. I am sure glad we finished the house before moving in, I would probably be in an insane asylum by now! They have had the air compressor going, nail guns, power nailer, saws, hammering, radio, yelling at each other...it's too much! And I would never have believed it, but Madi has been sleeping through all of it at nap time. Just amazing. I'm pretty sure it isn't restful sleep because she is still very tired and grumpy when she gets up. And if you happen to come visit, please ignore all the drywall dust that has been tracked all over my house. The good news is, we should be ready to paint by next week. It really is going pretty fast.

Madi did great with her new bed for the first four nights, but the last couple have been HELL! She doesn't want to sleep in her bed. She cries and sobs and runs out of her room saying "No way, I want to sleep with you." She won't tell us why she won't sleep in there and we refuse to let her sleep with us. She has never slept with us for any length of time and we are not getting that started. We put her in her bed, cover her up, and shut the door. She comes right out and we keep repeating. After doing that 6 times she finally stayed in her bed and just screamed. And then as abruptly as it all started, she stopped crying and we didn't hear a peep out of her all night. But I have to tell you, this nightly ritual is going to be taken care of by Chris because I cannot do it. I would have given in long before that, especially when she was crying so hard she started choking. I can't handle it.

I went to the doctor yesterday and they tell me my blood pressure was really high. I wonder why? Enjoy the new video!

Love, Amy


2 comments:

Linda J. said...

Everytime I hear that song, I think of her dancing to it - now I will imagine her singing it. I have begun to think of it as Madi's song! Thank you!

The Helm Family said...

I am the same way, I can't help but laugh when I hear that song come on!