I was so excited for the fair this last weekend. We were going to go to the parade, see the animals, go ride some rides, wanted to take Madi to the combine demolition derby, the rodeo, and the draft horse show, just make a whole weekend out of it. Unfortunately, the weather and the fact that Madi is an active 2 year old with a stubborn mind of her own, deflated my joy pretty quickly.
First, the parade was rained out. We went to the parade, set up our chairs, and stood outside my mom and dad's office (which is the lining up and starting point of the parade) in the rain, hoping it would be a quick shower. We finally got word that they canceled it and about that time the rain started letting up. They never did get the parade done. Such a shame, it is such a great way to kick off the weekend. Maybe that's why the rest of the weekend was so crappy!
We never made it to the rodeo because both days it also rained and we didn't want to take Madi in the mud and wet, it would have been a mess.
We did get to the fair on Friday night. Chris' parents went with us. First we ate. It was the worst fair food I have ever had. Over priced and tasted awful. Madi didn't eat hardly anything. We then went through the barns and looked at the animals. Madi was on cloud 9. She loved looking at the animals. The only thing she didn't like was the smell. She kept saying, "It's stinky!" We then made our way over to the rides. We ended up buying a wrist band for me and Madi. Which we ended up realizing I didn't need one to ride with her. And then Madi only went on two rides. We tried several but the wait in line and then the wait for the ride to start was too much for her. So, a half hour later and $40 on wrist bands for 2 rides, we left and went back to the animals. That's all Madi wanted to do. Waiting in line she would say, "Let's go see the horses, pleeeease." Chris was not a happy guy, he is very tight with his money and he doesn't have the patience with Madi when she is uncooperative.
Again it rained over night Friday and most of Saturday. We were up early Saturday morning and without power for two hours before we decided to leave the house, we were just too bored. As we were driving down the road, I looked back and noticed the lights on in the house...go figure. Saturday afternoon we took Madi to the Draft Horse Show. Chris and I went several years ago and loved it! I thought Madi would like it too with all the horses. But again it was slow getting the horses into the stadium because of the rain. They also judged each class, which I didn't remember them doing that before, and that took extra waiting time. And of course, it didn't keep Madi's attention and we ended up leaving an hour and a half into it.
We found out after this weekend that she still isn't ready for sit down things yet. And if it costs money to attend, she probably won't like it. We could have saved a lot of money this weekend by eating at home and then walk through the animals and be done. Oh well, we won't know unless we try it. But I still find myself asking the same question, is this a two year old thing or is this a Madi thing?
Enjoy the new pics from our fair outing! I love her in her cowboy boots!
Love, Amy
Quick Updates:
1. Madi is sleeping in her bed all night and going down with no problems since that last night of in and out. (Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself!)
2. The noise around here is getting better and the drywall work is almost done. We should have all the mess cleaned up and painting by Thursday!!
1 comment:
I love the boots and hat! She looks like "a third generation farmer" or more like a "farmer's daughter." Amy, I have tried to put a slide show like this in my blog (certainly without the great pictures that you always have) but I cannot make it work. Do you have instructions from somewhere? Can you email them to me or a link to them? I do love looking at your pictures and reading your blog!
Post a Comment