Baby hasn't been moving as much lately, probably running out of room! But his heart rate was 142, running the same. I gained 2 pounds, in a week!! Not surprised on that one either, sweet tooth big time right now. Need to cut it out for the next couple of weeks. I go back first thing Tuesday to make sure everything is going okay.
OOOOHHHH! The doctor visit was interesting and pretty funny this time. Madi went with me and she was very curious about all the new things in the room that haven't been in the other rooms. Like stirrups!! "Mommy, what are those?" "That's where a mommy's feet go in so the doctor can check the baby." After the doctor was in and out several times I had to undress to do the Group B Strep test. Madi was not very thrilled, "Mommy, why are you taking off your shoes and pants? What are they going to do to your foot?" Meaning the stirrups, haha!!! "Everything is fine, the doctor is just going to make sure that I am not sick when I have the baby." "OH, I wish Daddy was here!" I may have to start leaving her behind from here on out, too many questions are already surfacing for a three year old. She asked last night if the baby was going to come out of my belly button, that would be very interesting!!!
Saturday we were trying to figure out what to do for the evening. We thought about going to the races but I really don't think Madi is ready for that and I am not going to spend the whole night running up and down bleachers or playing at the park (if they have one). So instead, we packed up a picnic supper and headed to the lake. It was fun, relaxing, and of course gorgeous outside. We unloaded and Chris and Madi took off to scavenge for wood. Madi thought that was pretty cool. And after seeing Daddy break limbs across his knee, she started doing the same. She was one strong chick and proud of herself. We had hot dogs and chips and marshmallows. I know, very nutritious. Oh well, it was a treat. I think this was Madi's first campfire and definitely her first time to cook food in a fire. She did good and thought it was neat.
Collecting wood.
Burning her marshmallow.
Madi the photographer!
Hanging with Dad
After we ate we drove around the parks looking for deer. They have a lot of walk in hunting areas around the lake. Chris would love to buy a house or land and put a small house on it that they can use during deer season. I think everyone is getting tired of doing the tent for deer camp. It's a lot of work and it is cold and uncomfortable. Maybe some day. We did see a lot of deer and turkey, but mostly in the parks. And those deer are not scared of vehicles or people. They just stood there and looked at us. Madi wanted to pet one, of course that didn't happen, but for her amusement we did try to get one to hop in the back of the truck and take a ride with us!!
And then Tuesday was the start of dove season. We have seen a ton of dove around here along the roads and on the electric lines, but of course, opening day comes and they disappear. Or at least they weren't flying in our backyard. Chris set up a line with some decoys on it, but they weren't fooled, nothing came close. But Madi and Daddy went and sat outside looking for them. Madi was only out for 15-20 minutes at a time, short attention span!! But she loves hanging out with Daddy. It will be fun to see her in a couple of years out doing all these things when she is better capable of doing them. She's already got her gun picked out and whenever we are in Wal-Mart, we have to check them out. They have a little pink .22, we tried it out last weekend, but her arms are not long enough yet. Two more years and she will be ready!!
They are sitting right outside our bedroom window, too funny!!
So cute!!!
Labor Day Weekend!! Have a fun and safe holiday!
Love, Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment