Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Here we go again....

Well, I was going to post yesterday about our busy, busy weekend. But before I got the chance to, Chris came home and said that his Grandma Taylor had a heartattack and she is in the hospital. 30 minutes later we get a call saying she is not doing well you better get to the hospital. We loaded up and spent the next 5 hours at the hospital. They moved her to ICU in order to monitor her heart. If she started developing pains again they would do a heart catheter. This morning we get a call, she is not doing well and did not get any better overnight. Madi and I met Chris at the hospital. They did the heart cath at 10:30 this morning and all of her arteries are clogged and they cannot do surgery. (What a blow!) But the good news is that it can be managed by diet, exercise, quit smoking and with medicine. The bad news is, she probably won't do any of those things. She is set in her ways and she is ready to go. But she has plenty of kids and grandkids that can hopefully convince her and help her to change. I know I am going to try and do whatever I can to help. We left the hospital to eat and get a little rest and will head back up there later. All of her kids have made it up and most of her grandkids. At least the ones that are here in town and several made trips back from out of town. We have been in and out visiting with her and she is in good spirits and assures us she will not die. She told one of the grandkids yesterday that she's okay, she just wanted to see who still loved her. Very funny grandma!!

On a lighter note, we did have a good weekend with the wedding Saturday. Thursday night Chris went to the bachelor party and drank a little too much and stayed out way too late. I realized this on Friday when he got up at 10:00 am, went to work and was back at 12:30 and done for the day. We then went over to the Masonic Temple and helped decorate. By the way, the Masonic Temple is not air conditioned. It was HOT HOT HOT. We then went to find clothes for Chris and I to wear. Chris was an usher and I did the guest book. Went back to the HOT HOT HOT Masonic Temple and had rehearsal. We then left and went to supper at Guiterrez Restaurant (Mexican food). After supper we went to Chris' Grandma and Grandpa Helm's house because his Aunt Joye and Uncle David from Texas were leaving the next morning. We had a nice visit there and headed home at 10:30. Madi was exhausted and Chris and I were just HOT HOT HOT. The next morning, Chris went down to the shop to get some more work done on the building. I took Madi and Oliver (the dog) to my mom and dad's because the bridal brunch was at my house at 10:00 am. Of course, nothing got done Friday because we were running around do other things. I was up at 6:30 cleaning house and getting the tables set. It was a very nice brunch though. Finally, got cleaned up and over to pick up Madi at 1:00 and back home to start getting ready and back to the HOT HOT HOT Masonic Temple at 3:30. The wedding was very nice but because of the heat, not very many people stayed for too long and there was maybe a dozen people left for the dance. It was kind of sad but to be expected when it is 100 degrees outside and in a non airconditioned building.

The party broke up about 10:30 and we loaded our big fans up and went home. Nathan, the son of the bride, stayed with us overnight. He is a pill and likes to have his way. I ended up missing all but the last 10 laps of the Nascar race Sunday because we had to watch cartoons all day. I'm sure I will be more willing to watch cartoons when it is my own child, but it got kind of old hearing an 8 year old whine because he didn't want to watch racing because it was too loud and he wants to watch cartoons. Oh well!!! The rest of Sunday was relaxing. Chris came home about 2:00 and we were lazy the rest of the day.

But, hopefully the rest of the week will be better and I hope everyone has a good one and stay safe!!!

Love you all,
Amy

(Sorry, no pics again today. I tried several times but they won't post)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

holy cow girl...you all are busier than all get out. i thought we were bad! lol!! HOT HOT HOT i think is any building without a/c in this heat!! UGH!

madi is getting so big!!! i can't believe, still, how fast they grow!!