Thursday, August 10, 2006

I am still getting people that ask "Who does Madi look like?" Mom and I were going through some pictures tonight and it amazed me how much she still looks like me when I was a baby. So, I brought Mom's photo albums home so I could scan some of my pictures in and put Madi's next to them. I think we look so much alike!!!



Madi at 2 days old


Me at birth

Both of us at 1 month old

What a busy week we have had and another busy weekend coming up. Chris and I both had family in town from out of state. Unfortunately we did not make it out to see my Uncle Mike and Aunt Tomoko who are in from Washington. Saturday night my Aunt Jackie had a surprise party for Uncle Paul's birthday. But we had a wedding that night and wasn't able to make it to the birthday party. Hopefully they will be back at Christmas and we can see them then.

Chris' Aunt Joye and Uncle David, Tyler and Colter were in town from Texas. We had very nice visits with them and the rest of the Salina Helm's. Sunday, Chris, Dan, Jon, Uncle David, Raymond, Tyler and Colter went to some land owned by a friend of ours to shot guns and ride the four wheeler. Monday night we had supper at Grandma Betty's. Tuesday night I invited everyone over for supper. It was very nice!!

Chris is at a bachelor party tonight. His cousin Candee is getting married Saturday. Chris is an usher and I am doing the guest book. We have rehearsal tomorrow night and decorating. Saturday morning we are having a bridal brunch here at my house. Candee's aunt from Wichita is hosting it but having it here. She expects 13 people will come. Sunday it will be relax day and we will probably be napping most of the day!!

My dad finished the chopper tour Tuesday night. He had a lot of fun. The Salina store raised the most money for Cystic Fibrosis. They had well over 450 people show and raised around $1814. The organizers wanted dad to continue on with the tour through the end of August, ending in Shreveport, LA. While dad was on the road it sounded like a good thing. But once he got home I think he was glad he didn't continue on. He didn't see Madi for almost two weeks and he couldn't believe how much she had changed. I could only imagine what a difference she would be after a whole month away.

Madi is really getting her rolling over perfected. I want her to lay on her tummy and build up her upper body and get to pushing up more. But she isn't on her tummy long before she has already turned herself over. I spend most of the time turning her back on to her tummy. I don't want her to grow up to fast, but I am ready to see her sitting up and able to play a little more on her own. I know Chris is ready too. He can't wait until she is moving around. She has really been exercising her voice the last couple of days. She lays on the floor with her toys and makes all sorts of noises. She acts as though she is ready to talk and loves to be talked to. She is such a joy. It is really hard to get things done when she is awake and playing. I am usually on the floor playing with her. I'll get things done while she is sleeping.

It's almost Friday and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Stay cool!!!

Love, Amy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She really does look like you! Only two more weeks until i meet her!

Anonymous said...

She really does look like you! Only two more weeks until i meet her!

Anonymous said...

i found some old pics of you and i think madi totally looks like you...but just wait, it will change!! lol!! your dad couldn't have stood it to be away for that long..too sweet!!

and, don't wish her to grow up to quick...you will never see her or remember her that small again. ;)