Sunday, May 27, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADILYN!!!

Yesterday was Madi's 1st Birthday Party. What a wonderful day! Thank you to everyone for the gifts and sharing this special day. Special thank you to my mom who helped cook all day Friday and setting up. And Jason and Tabatha for helping clean up. And dad for running errands. And of course Chris for making it all possible. What a huge help.

One year ago we were waiting for Madilyn to be born. I can say that I was impatient for the arrival. (Being on complete bed rest and sick as a dog for a week will do that!) We were admitted to the hospital at 11:00 pm on the 24th in order to be induced at 4:00 am on the 25th. After my water was broke at 10:00 am and 4 hours of contractions getting stronger, I finally received my epidural. I was able to relax and get some rest! At 6:30 pm we sent everyone out of the room and at 7:56 pm Madilyn Marie Helm was born. 6lb. 9oz and 19 1/2 in long.

From that point on, life has been totally changed and I wouldn't change it for the world. Madi has changed in so many ways in the last year and it is all amazing (and has gone way to fast). It was quite a treat Thursday night, we went to the hospital and visited the newest cousin on the Taylor side of the family. He was only a couple ozs. and an inch smaller than Madi. I would have never dreamed that she had been that small only one year earlier. It is so easy to forget. It was really cool to hold him and get a perspective again of just how small Madi was. And now she is walking and has such a great personality.

Pictures are coming. They are taking awhile to download. Take care and have a wonderful holiday weekend.

Love, Amy, Chris and Madilyn

No comments: