Tuesday, May 8, 2007

I said last week that I liked the rain, this week we have had way to much. Yesterday morning I found more water damage in our livingroom. The chimney is leaking and we knew this, we have been waiting 2 months on the roofer to get our roof done. With all the heavy rain this weekend it really leaked and then followed a board to the middle of the livingroom ceiling. It created a crack in between two pieces of wallboard and leaked onto the floor. Not a lot of water but enough to get us concerned. Chris climbed into the attic yesterday morning and found the leak and then sealed around the fireplace. Hopefully it will help, at least until the roofer can get here (whenever that may be).

We went out driving around the west and north parts of town Sunday night taking pics of all the water damage. St. John's Military School had a lot of problems in the basements of their buildings. Thomas Park was completely under water and by yesterday they had 9th St. closed from about the Military School to the Interstate. And the exit ramps off I-70 to 9th St. were closed. Hopefully it is better today. We didn't get much rain yesterday, I hope that helped.

Madi is walking really well now. She has no fear of letting go. She gets to the end of the couch and just keeps on going. She has been trying to stand up in the middle of the floor with nothing to hold onto but not quite there yet. She should be walking really well by her birthday. Still waiting on getting some new teeth. She just has the two in front on the bottom. Which means we haven't been able to do a lot of table foods yet. I am just too afraid of her choking without any teeth to help her break the food up. So it's still baby food for her. She should do really well though with her birthday cake, don't need teeth to make that mess!!

We have a busy Sunday coming up. Mother's Day, two graduations and two parties!!! Both of my cousins Neil and Kirsten are graduating high school, Congratulations!!! We might try to go to one graduation ceremony but I don't know how well Madi will be wanting to sit. We barely get through the hour at church, we will have to see.

I think I can safely announce the exciting news without jinxing us anymore. Tomorrow we close on some land we are buying Northwest of town!!! We are so excited. We have been wanting to move out to the country for the last four years and we finally found what we have been looking for at an awesome price. I don't have any pictures yet but hopefully this week we will be going back out and I will pass them along. It is 24 acres and has a pond and a nice established tree row in the back of the property. We have already seen turkeys and have heard there are deer that come out in the evening. It is on Burma Road off of Stimmel Road and is only one mile from Ell-Saline Elementary School. Which is just off of I-70 on Halstead Road. It will be really easy to find and really easy to get into town. We will have neighbors close by, we are sharing the 40 acre section with. Very nice people that we have started to become friends with, Chris has known them for awhile and has done some work at their house. We have already started looking at house plans and designing our new house!!! Hopefully we will start building by next summer, if Chris can hold out that long (he is pretty excited). We will officially have possession on the 15th of this month, can't wait!!

I better get busy, I wasn't able to get anything done yesterday. Take care and have a great week. I am looking forward to seeing my dad's family this weekend.

Love, Amy

About a mile south of Bosselman's off of 9th St.
Just past Bosselman's.
Across 9th St. from Bosselman's.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: