Monday, October 6, 2008

Another Haircut!!

Chris and I worked down at the shop all weekend making bookshelves for downstairs. They turned out really great. We made three and since we didn't stain them, we were able to get them completely made in two days and are already in the basement. I've spent most of the morning getting our books and collectibles out of storage and getting things arranged. The downstairs is almost done, except for decorating. Next weekend the plan is to get the entertainment gadgets all hooked up and finished. We need to mount the projector and get the speakers mounted and all the wires run. I'm ready to get that done so we can start spending some time down there, other than just using it for Madi's track and field events.





I've also included some pics of the new furniture and our "tv room". It still seems sparse down there and we are debating on getting a couple of recliners. There is definitely room for them but we just have so much stinking furniture in this house now, I am tired of buying furniture.








So, while Chris and I were busy working on the bookshelves, Madi was running around the shop playing with everything she could get her hands on. Saturday, within 20 minutes of being there, she was a total dirt ball. Completely covered in dirt and marking chalk, her hands were black and her face was gross. Chris had gotten the shop all cleaned up last week so we brought her bike along for something to play with. Sunday she got bored and I started a movie for her in the office. I went in to check on her and she was sitting on the couch with scissors in her hand. I freaked out and took them from her and then noticed a big pile of hair on her lap. Then I really started to freak out. She had managed to chop off quite a bit of hair on the top of her head. It looks totally stupid and sticks up in the air but there is nothing I can do with it unless I chopped it all off. But I won't. I've been wanting to get her pictures done for months now. We were finally slowing down a bit around here that I was hoping to get them done within the next couple of weeks. Not anymore...I just hope it grows out enough by the time we get Christmas pics done. Needless to say, she went to Nana and Papa's shortly after this happened. This also confirms that she is a monkey, those scissors were on top of a filing cabinet and she had to have stood on the back of the couch to have reached them. I'm just glad she didn't cut herself or worse (shudder).





We have had a slow rain all day long so far. I am loving it!! I spent all last week watering the front and back yard. It literally takes me all day, moving hoses around, to get it all watered. It's giving me a nice break and I'm loving the free water too. I just hope it starts growing, we have yet to see anything poking out of the ground.


Well, need to get back to the basement. I am hoping to get started on my newest sewing project. I'll show you what I am working on next time!! Have a great week!!
Love, Amy

2 comments:

Beth's Blog said...

Ahh the dreaded scissors! In 1st grade a boy sitting behind Walter decided to take his scissors and cut a huge chunk out of his hair. The teacher was devasted thinking I would be mad but oh well at that time he had a mullet(not really but that is what it looked like) so less was ok with me.

Anonymous said...

OMG...that is hilarious!! Hilarious because it wasn't MY KID!!! :) The basement is looking awesome!!! ahem, tell Chris you need a BUNCH of pictures down there for the walls!!