Monday, October 27, 2008

Camping

With the exception of Saturday being so nice, I feel like we have been camping in our own home for the last couple of weeks. We spend the day all bundled up and at night we sleep with two comforters on the bed. We have avoided turning on the heater. It's silly, we only get one month of nice weather where we don't need the a/c or the heater. But it's nice getting that electric bill and having it significantly lower than all the other months. We were out and about this morning and stopped at the shop. I was sitting there talking with Chris and the heater kicks on. It made me a little mad because it was 60 degrees in the house this morning, it was cold. He goes to work and turns on his heater, while we stay at home and freeze. When we got home a little bit ago, it was still 60 degrees in the house. The heater came on. I'm so tired of being cold. We shouldn't have to have it on for too long because it's supposed to warm up again for the rest of the week.

We are looking forward to Friday. Going to try and get Madi all dressed up for Halloween. She says she wants to be a farmer and a cowgirl. I told her she could be both. It should be a fun year for Halloween. We practiced saying "Trick or Treat" the other day.

Hope everyone has a great week and a Happy Halloween! I'm going to enjoy warming up this afternoon, hehe!!

Love, Amy

2 comments:

Linda J. said...

I still have my air conditioner on - although it doesn't kick on very often anymore! I am enjoying Mobile!

Anonymous said...

um yeah...we sooooo turned ours on weeks ago. Ava just can't handle the cold very well. Talked to your dad yesterday and showed him around Eric's new pad....are you guys going to come up Saturday?!?!?!?!? :)