Madilyn does not stop. That girl is a ball of energy and I can't keep up. She is constantly moving and talking. I have to schedule our outings according to how much time she has had to play and run or the trip out of the house will be a disaster. What is nice now, I can load her up and we can go out to the new house and she can run all she wants. I don't have to worry about the street, I don't really need to bring any toys because she occupies herself with sand or the neighbors dogs or any tool that is lying around. But she is the funnest person to be around...most days!
She has been working on her fourth molar for the last two weeks. It will just poke through and then go back down. I wish it would just come in and be over with. She can be a little grumpy and whinny, especially when things aren't going her way. But I know this will pass as soon as that tooth comes in...we battled this a couple months ago with one of the other molars.
Madi jabbers all day long. Most of it is her own language and I wish I knew what she is saying because she can go into a rather lengthy conversation. Every so often you'll hear a mommy or daddy in her ramblings. The other night she got into trouble and she started jabbering (whining) to Chris and it sounded like she was saying "Mommy meany, Mommy meany." Chris and I laughed so hard, it was so funny. Some of her words include:
1. Olie (Oliver, our dog)
2. Macky (all trucks are Macky, from her favorite movie "Cars")
3. Snacky
4. Peas (Please)
5. Ank you (Thank you, or it will be sing-song of jabber that sounds like thank you)
6. Trator or Daddy trator (because Chris has a tractor)
7. Weady (Ready, when she wants to do something)
8. Minky (Binky, she calls out to it if she can't find it)
9. Mickey (Mouse)
10. "Oh, I see" and points to whatever.
She also says cracker, wee, wow, baby, Eddie (her stuffed animal), ball, duck, and she says the sounds of quite a few animals and things especially when she sees them.
I started this post before she got up this morning, since then she can now open doors. She shut our bedroom door while we were getting ready this morning and she went over and opened it, like she knew what she was doing. I then shut it behind her and she opened it and grinned and laughed at us when she came in the bedroom. She is also mocking everything we do and say. This is gross, but funny. Chris got up and cleared his throat and she did the same thing, then he spit and she stood there and made a spitting sound and then laughed, she is such a ham. We really have to watch what we say and do around her now!
I got Madi a potty chair two weeks ago. She doesn't use it yet, but she has learned to sit on it right and she knows to sit on it when we go into the bathroom. The reason I got it is because she has been telling me yucky and then she will pull on her diaper. I have been changing her everytime she does this so she will continue to tell me when she needs her pants changed. But I thought if we have it and she can get used to it, maybe she will have an easy potty training experience. (I can only hope!)
There is so much that changes with her and she just amazes us sometimes. I am so happy that I am able to stay home with her and get to experience these things with her. It truly has been a blessing to be able to do this, and I wouldn't want to do it any other way. I am looking forward to being in our new house and having more kids some day and really living life differently out there. I can't wait!!
Chris has been working like a mad man lately. Between his work and working out at the house, he has had no down time. The only plus right now is that it is getting dark so early and he doesn't have lights wired in the house yet, so he is able to come home at a decent time and have supper and spend time with Madi.
Dan is doing great after his open heart surgery. Tuesday the doctor released him to all restrictions!!! He is losing weight really well and his chest is firm and healed around the scar. The doctor was really impressed at his progress. He even said he could go deer hunting at the end of the month.
I better get busy, Chris wants me to go work at the house today. I will post an update on our progress from this weekend. We are supposed to have a bunch of people out helping this weekend again. Hopefully we can have it weather sealed before the rain forecasted on Monday!!
Love, Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment