Monday, November 19, 2007

Weekend Work

My to do list from last week was a bit ambitious after seeing what actually got done this weekend. All of the electrical work is complete. We had 4-5 electricians out this weekend helping get it done. The plumbing is half way done. All the tubs are set and vented and all the pvc piping has been run. We need to finish putting the supply lines, hot and cold water pipes, in the house. We had two plumbers out working this weekend. Chris will finish getting the rest of the plumbing done himself. Heating and air was not installed this weekend, but Chris was able to get all the duct work made and the holes cut in the floor for the vents this week. This week they also got the garage doors hung and the stairs going downstairs completed.

The outside of the house went very slow this weekend. The soffit and siding on the front side of the house is all that was completed this weekend. I don't know if it was because it was a new kind of material that they hadn't worked with before or the people we had outside just didn't know what they were doing so it took longer. But we were hoping to get the house weather tight this weekend. After today it is supposed to be bitter cold outside with chances of rain and snow.

This week's to do list (in this order):
1. Finish siding and soffit
2. Finish plumbing
3. Hang insulation

If we can get the outside done this week, they can then come inside and get insulation up and be able to start drywalling.






Water manifold, Electrical box, telephone and cable.



*******************************************************

Christmas is 36 days away. I had to look that stat up, I am not keeping track. But I knew Christmas was coming because of all the toy commercials on tv. I have seen some very strange toys for children being advertised.


This first toy has been around awhile, I think they may have had a version of it when I was younger, but still a little disturbing. This toy is the Baby Alive doll. Here is part of the description from the Hasbro web site: "the doll that “eats” and “poops” like a real baby!" The doll will even tell your child when she needs her diaper changed, “Uh-oh, I made a stinky!” I am sorry if anyone thinks this doll is fun for their own children. It is recommended for children 3 and older. A three year old still doesn't clean up after themselves, so why would a parent give their child a doll that they have to feed and then change it's diapers. And this doll is $50!!! I know this gives children imaginative, real life play. But whatever happened to just a regular doll and let kids make things up as they play.

The second new toy is the Rescue Pets: Train and Play Puppy. The description says, "He drinks water from his bottle, burps, then lifts his leg and wets." I saw this commercial and I thought this was the worst advertisment and toy ever. The dog actually lifts its leg and pees. AWFUL!

Have a great week!
Love, Amy

No comments: