Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I Have My Internet Back!

Our DSL modem crashed last Wednesday night, therefore, I have not had internet for a week. I never knew how much I depended on the internet until I didn't have it. I pay all of our bills online, I do all of our banking online, we wanted to look at the online only sales for Lowes and Walmart on Thanksgiving Day and couldn't. Plus it is my only 2 hour retreat from laundry, cleaning, cooking, and taking care of Madi when she goes down for a nap. I admit it, I play on the computer almost everyday when Madi is asleep. I could get so much done around here, but I choose to relax. I am a computaholic.

Madi was supposed to have her 18 month checkup and shots on Monday morning. I didn't remember until 12:30, oops. So I immediately called the doctors office to reschedule. They take an hour and a half lunch everyday and close the office. I thought that was strange for a doctors office. Who gets an hour and a half for lunch, how nice. Her new appointment is for next Tuesday, so I will have all the new info on Madi then. It is exciting to see how much she has grown in the last three months. I am anxious to see what has changed because her last checkup she hadn't grown that much. Maybe it is because she is such a picky eater anymore. She is a good eater once I find something she will eat, which changes daily. She would eat hotdogs like crazy and then this week, she won't eat them anymore. Two meals now she has gathered them in her little fist and brings them to me. Green beans are the only vegetable, other than potatoes, that I can get her to eat. I had picked up a can of low or no sodium green beans at some time, I didn't think there would be much difference. Boy was I wrong. Since then, she doesn't want anything to do with green beans. She eats alot of fruit though. So at least she is getting some good foods.

Some of Madi's other new things going on right now...She finally broke through with that bothersome molar about two weeks ago but she is still drooling like crazy. She must be working on some more teeth, but I haven't seen any sign of any poking out in there. Not that she will let me feel in her mouth very well. She has a mouth full of teeth now and she has used them a couple of times. Last week we were playing and she runs away from Oliver and jumps into my arms. She then bit down into my shoulder. I pulled my sleeve up and she had torn through my skin with her two little front teeth and what made it worse is when I pulled her away from me it broke the skin even more. That hurt for two hours and it was right where the sleeve seam is and it was rubbing on it, quite painful.

She is also talking like crazy. You still can't understand what she is saying, but it is nonstop jabber all day. Her new thing is "no." Everything is no. I really don't think she knows what the meaning is. We were eating snack yesterday together and I said Madi do you want another bite of banana and she says no while she is coming at me with her mouth open. But it is cute when she seems to be thinking about it. I said Madi do want some milk. She stood there with her head cocked to one side and says, "Ummmmmmm, No." And she has the sweetest little voice. We are going to be in so much trouble when she does start talking. She also says, "Oh, whawasdat?" She loves airplanes and she heard one fly over the house and that's what she said. She also says cheeeeese. My camera comes out and she automatically says cheeeeese. Yesterday we were went to visit Great Grandma and Grandpa Helm, she was taking pictures and saying cheese with Betty's camera. It was so cute.

Not much to tell you about on the house. There has been no progress made on it for a week and a half. I am getting very frustrated. I vent to Chris but all that does is put added stress on him, so I am now trying to bite my tongue. I can say as of last Friday, we started framing and working on the house ourselves four weeks ago. We have made tremendous progress on the house in such a short period of time. But it is still very frustrating that the house looks the same as it did last Monday. I have stopped going out and looking at it, it doesn't help.

Chris hurt his back about two weeks ago, just did to much working at the house one weekend. But it hasn't been getting better, it has been getting worse. Wednesday he came home early and was in so much pain. He couldn't sit, couldn't stand, all he could do was lay down. We went to a "Chiropractor" that afternoon and that was a joke. This guy doesn't do adjustments. He puts you on machines that are supposed to do the same thing as a regular Chiropractor would do. We ended up leaving two hours later and Chris left feeling worse than when we went in. He was so excited for the long weekend, to really be able to get some work done on the house. And he ended up laying around all weekend. He didn't even get to go shopping with us the day after Thanksgiving (which he loves). But at least this way we didn't have to try and take Madi out. I think that would have been a disaster. He is slowly starting to feel better this week and is even talking about going out to deer camp Thursday and Friday. He was going to skip it this year, but he has the hunting-need-to-kill-a-deer-sleep-outside-in-the-freezing-cold-in-a-tent-with-five-other-men-spend-three-nights-butchering-meat itch. (That's the technical term.) He just can't give up all those fun times at deer camp.

Must get Madi up, she was up at 3:40 am so I let her sleep in a little. Probably a big mistake.
Love, Amy

No comments: