Monday, November 12, 2007

House Update

This last week we have made quite a progress on the house. The roof has been sheeted and shingled and is complete. The concrete guys came back out and capped the front porch. This weekend we finished sheeting the outside walls. We got the house wrapped. All the windows and doors have been installed, with the exception of the garage doors. And all the framing on the inside is now complete.

We had a little ordering mishap on the windows. The big front window and the window in the master bedroom were ordered at the wrong size. Which meant that our framing openings were not right. It could have been fixed, but not an easy fix. So, the window that was meant for the master fit in the opening in the livingroom. And they just had to brace the roof in the bedroom and cut a larger opening and install a larger header for the window that was supposed to be in the livingroom to go in the bedroom. I decided to just switch the two windows and only brace one time instead of having to brace in two places and cut two larger openings. It just made less work and I am actually really glad we switched the two. It looks great.

This week the to do list looks like this:
1. Heating and air installed.
2. Stairway downstairs installed.
3. Finish framing for garage doors.
4. Start on siding.
5. Install electrical.
6. Install plumbing.

That's an ambitious list, we'll see how much of it actually gets done this week. But it would be nice to at least get the utilities in. If we can get those three things done this week, we can get insulation in and start drywalling next week. So, that's the goal.

Last week Chris and I went and ordered the kitchen and bathroom cabinets. I am so excited to get those in. I just want to see them. I can't wait. But I have to, 5-6 weeks!! I guess that will be my Christmas present this year. They should be in the week before Christmas. Chris is going to make the countertops. Otherwise, it would be another 2-3 weeks after the cabinets are installed before getting the countertops. Chris made our countertops at our old house on Kansas and did an awesome job, so I know these are going to turn out just as nice. Chris also got all the plumbing fixtures ordered: toilets, master bath tub, faucets, piping and fittings.





*******************************************************
Madi went to her first football game Friday night. She had so much fun! We were going to just stand near the endzone and watch and let her run around. But she started walking up to the stands so we thought we would try sitting with some friends of ours. She did great! We sat in the parents section, so you can only imagine how loud it was. Madi joined right in with the rest of them. She was yelling and cheering and clapping. One of the moms gave her a towel that they wave. So she would wave her towel and cheer with her hands. It was alot of fun. We got there right at half time, which was probably perfect, she didn't have to sit through the whole game. The Mustang's won and will be playing in Wichita on Friday for Sub-state. Go Jordan!!!

Have a great week!
Love, Amy

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Laura said...

TAG you're it!!! Check out my blog post.